Thursday, May 3, 2012

Can not start AVD after creating - Android

Android system is emulated in the computer using Android Virtual Devices(AVDs). In my ubuntu ,When I create a new AVD using the AVD and SDK Manager it creates a file named

<avd-name>.ini

in the directory below  

~/.android/avd

When we try to start a virtual machine it tries to read the corresponding .ini file from that directory. Recently I created an AVD and when i tried to run it ,the AVD manger greeted me with the following error massage

PANIC: Could not open: ~/.android/avd/<avd-name>.ini

Just because of I typed
 
    sudo ./android

to run the  SDK and AVD Manager . For that it created the .ini file in
 
   /root/.android/avd

directory instead of the location desired by the Start command. Running
 
   ./android

command and cretaing new AVD there solved my problem.


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Can you be a bit more precise at what's needed to be done? Cause I'm in the same trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Farhad.
      Please Run the Android SDK manager in unprivileged mode if you are facing the problem like the way I did. Create AVDs then and use.

      Delete